Alright, here are the facts. Proposal season is coming. Yup, there’s a so-called “season” of proposals where essentially a lot of marriage proposals happen within the span of a few months. Maybe there’s something about the cold wind of winter that warms up the hearts of couples, but I think it’s more to do with the cheery Christmas spirit, through the “starting anew” of New Years, finally to end with the candor love-filled holiday of Valentine’s Day. I guess it’s not hard to see how a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter’s day could spark up the conversation of “want to get married?”.
So here’s my confession. I’ve been recently looking through a lot of marriage proposal photography. And I absolutely LOVE this idea. It’s almost like a mini-wedding if you think about it. Typically, there is a lot of thought and care put into a proposal – one goes through a lot of planning, sometimes renting items or helicopters, sometimes hiring a whole dance party to perform a flash mob on the unsuspecting recipient. While proposals don’t have to be always quite that flashy, one thing is for sure… its the first thing people ask you when you’ve called your parents, sent your friends text messages, or “made it official” via Facebook – except for maybe being asked to show the ring off (which proposal photography can take care of for you!). ;)
Those that plan to surprise their loved ones with a proposal are doing just that – planning a surprise. So here are top 5 reasons why you should consider a Proposal Photography Session to remember this awesome event:
- You get to plan a really sneaky and fun marriage proposal photography shoot to get that reaction captured on camera.
- You’ll actually have photos to show your family and friends of the entire thing unfolding! And if kids are in your future, they are going to love it.
- It’s an excuse to dress up nice and have a Proposal Photography Session combining an Engagement Session literally minutes after getting engaged.
- This is something that you simply can’t re-create. Like a wedding, it’s a once in a lifetime event with lots of thought and planning that will be cherished forever.
- It’s a fact that the one being proposed to is sometimes SO overcome with emotion, they forget to verbally say “yes”. You’re down on one knee and before they realize what’s going on, they suddenly have a gorgeous ring on their finger!
That last one may be quite a shock to some people. In the heat of the moment, it’s totally no one’s fault if the one being proposed to later honestly can’t later recall all the details of the proposal. This is why I believe proposal photography is so important.
Proposal Photography Sessions starting at $375 including digital files with Anna Michalska Photography
Got some great sneaky ideas? I wanna hear them! Need some ideas to get started? I’ve got plenty! As a bonus, Proposal Photography Sessions booked with Anna Michalska Photography will receive a 10% discount towards any wedding package!